Concentration in Film and Media Management
Film and Media Management students visit actor Tom Cruise and director Doug Liman at production offices of the film, "American Made (2017)."
The purpose of the concentration is to provide students with knowledge, competencies and experiences directed towards pursuing film or media as a post-graduate or professional option.
- BBA students who complete this concentration will acquire grounding that will enable them to understand film and media in its historical and contemporary context as an evolving narrative form.
- Film and media students who complete this concentration will acquire grounding that will enable them to understand the infrastructure and market mechanisms that support the creation and distribution of media content.
- All students will have the opportunity to pursue industry-related electives drawn from business and film and media disciplines. Finally, students will participate in a capstone course that will give them the opportunity to synthesize and validate their evolving perspectives in both an academic and an applied environment.
This concentration is a collaboration between the Department of Film and Media in Emory College and the Goizueta Business School BBA Program.
Requirements for Concentration
Film Core for BBA students
- FILM 101 Introduction to Film Every semester
- FILM 403 The Biz: American Film and TV Industries
BBA Concentration in Film and Media Management students are exempt from the FILM 301 or FILM 302 course prerequisites.
BBA Core for Film Studies majors (choose 2 of the following)
- FIN 220 Finance for Non-business Students
- OAM 330 Organization and Management
- MKT 340 Marketing Management
2 Electives from a list including but not limited to the following. At least one of these electives must be in the program that is not the student's own School of enrollment. BBA Concentration in Film and Media Management students are exempt from the FILM 301 or FILM 302 course prerequisites.
- FILM 102 Introduction to TV and Digital Media
- FILM 107 Introduction to Digital Video
- FILM 202 Film History II
- FILM 203 American Television History
- FILM 212 Producing Film
- FILM 355 Film, Media and Social Change
- FILM 380 Video Games
- FILM 403 The Biz: American Film and TV Industries Fall only
- FILM 404 Gender and Media
- FIN 321 Economics and Finance of Film
- ISOM 450 Foundations of Digital Enterprises and Markets
- MKT 342 Market Intelligence and Customer Insights (must have completed a statistics class)
- MKT 343 Digital Marketing & Social Media Strategy
- MKT 441 Ideation
- MKT 446 Advertising & Marketing Communications
- OAM 335 Strategies for Entertainment & Media
- OAM 432 Negotiations
FILM 407 Content Creation: Seminar for Producers and Directors Spring only
- LA Trek
- BUS 480G Entertainment Management Senior Seminar