Visiting Artists at Emory / Spring 2022
A series of artist’s talks in and around photography, film, video, art and activism.
- February 14 / 7 pm | Shabtai Pinchevsky
- February 26 / 2 pm | Constance Thalken, Live and in-person at Whitespace Gallery, Atlanta
- March 21 / 7 pm | Pacifico Solano
- April 4 / 7 pm | Irina Rozovsky
Alumni Spotlight Speaker Series
Concentration in Film and Media Management
This concentration is collaboration between the Department of Film and Media in Emory College and the Goizueta Business School BBA Program.
Please review requirements for concentration.
Film and Media is Hiring!
NEW FALL 2022 OPPORTUNITY
One-Year Fellowship in Film and Media Practice
Application Deadline: 3/15/22
Congratulations to Film and Media majors
Kheyal Roy-Meighoo and Isaac Gazmararian
who won 6 awards at the
Campus Movie Fest
and won a
Golden Tripod Award
for their stop-motion animation film
MY BUNNY’S STORY
MY BUNNY’S STORY
Congratulations to Paul Hackner, 95 ‘C
Sound Designer and
(THE REVENANT, SELMA, THE HUNGER GAMES, DRIVE,
THE INCREDIBLE HULK,
HUSTLE AND FLOW)
for his induction into the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Congratulations to Emory Film-Media alumni Jing Ng,16C
on winning the Best Asian-American Student Filmmaker Award
from the Director's Guild of America (DGA) in December 2019.
Congratulations Garrett Byrne
for winning the
Creative Writing Program’s Agnes Nixon and Kiki McCabe Prize
in Screenwriting for Best Screenplay Written by an Emory Undergraduate:
2021 Annie Hall Award Winners
The Department of Film and Media is happy to announce the 2020-2021 Annie Hall Award winners.
- Jessica Wang, Mother: A Makeup Tutorial (production)
- Brittany O’Dell, Untitled Final Portfolio, (photography)
- Saru Garg, “A Summer Peach with a Worm Inside: Agnès Varda’s Le bonheur,” (studies)
- Emma Kantor, “Agents of Destruction: Sexual Assault Realization in Girls and I May Destroy You,” (studies)
- Jacob McClain, Untitled Final Portfolio, (photography)
- Jake Perl, “An Industrial Analysis of Twitch Prime: Colossal Steps Forward, Half-Steps Back” (studies)